About me...

My photo
Guitar technician reporting from the tourbus....

Sunday 8 March 2009

Saint Nazaire

The car seems to have fixed itself so that's good news. I still reckon I could have done it myself. We had a bit of a problem with the sat-nav as it wouldn't recognise the postcode for the next venue so we had to input the town and street name longhand, prompting it to suggest many possible Saint Nazaires. Maybe he's the patron saint of town naming.

After a good show in Rambouillet last night the venue manager proudly informed me that the building had originally been a hat factory, built sometime in the nineteenth century. I was very impressed, until we arrived in Saint Nazaire this afternoon to find we're playing inside the German navy's U-Boat base from world war two! Makes your hat factory story sound like a piece of shit now doesn't it. It's truly mind blowing to walk around the place, and apparently the reason it stands to this day is that it is uneconomical to demolish, it having being built to withstand any bomb available at the time (the roof is thirty feet thick). We have no worries as far as disturbing the neighbours is concerned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

slt
je veux de l aide
je suis africain

Unknown said...

slt
je veux de l aide
je suis africain