About me...

My photo
Guitar technician reporting from the tourbus....

Sunday 5 April 2009

There were a great many angry fans at the venue on Saturday evening and quite rightly so. Many had travelled a great distance and won't be able to make the Monday re-schedule. In an attempt to make amends Danny and Vincent put on a great little acoustic show in the hotel bar for around fifty lucky fans and a few unsuspecting guests. Our promoter Ahmed has assured us the gig will go ahead on Monday once the correct paperwork has been presented to the correct people. So we found ourselves with a day off today and headed to Sidi Bou Said for a prolonged high-pressure sales pitch from the local hawkers and shopkeepers. I almost had to buy a bronze horse just to escape with my life. It's a lovely little town, all white and blue due to some strange local bye law, though sadly lacking in places to enjoy a cool beer. Everyone's back at the hotel now, starving and waiting for the restaurant to open.

3 comments:

Luthien Narmolanya said...

I'm actually one of those angry fans that won't be able to make it there again. I've been through so much stress to see the band, the stress of getting tickets ( which disappeared in just one day) , and finding a place where to spend the night as I live 140km away, but all that counted was to finally get to see them.
Vincent was greatly calm when he talked to us and said that it has been programmed for another day, even if every one was yelling.
This was going to be my unique great concert after three years of empty musical scene, but pouah I guess I'll have to call someone fro an hour and a half to at least listen.
Anyway, you guys are totally amazing for accepting to stay and make it on monday.

slim said...

Actually on the top of the hill there is a small hotel where you can have a cool beer while contemplating the view. I recommend Celtia, our local beer :)

ninatalia said...

Danny and Vincent just for abt 50 lucky fans? You just have to be THAT LUCKY to be at the right place, at the right time... I just hope I'm gonna be able to see them this year! I'd give a lot to be doind what you are, Darryl...